Monday, July 11, 2011

Pain addiction

It was Monday morning, and I was at work. The first thing that I normally do after switching on my computer is to check for e-mails. I noticed I got three messages from an unknown person. It was sent to my facebook account. Apparently, it was an ex-girlfriend of a friend. She berated me, accusing me of things, but at the same time trying to "save" me from imminent pain. I guess. I replied nicely. I care about my friend dearly, I decided to politely tell her to back off. Though, my guts tell me she will be back with more attacks. This time it will be me instead of my friend. And I was right. She managed to get my number and text me because I already blocked her on facebook. I proceeded by blocking her on my phone. Horay for technology.

It is not her (false) accusations that bothered me. It was her delusional mental state. She manages to justify her pain and blames other for it. Whilst she is the one who inflicted her own pain. I know what she wanted by sending me those mails. She wanted me to be as angry as her, feeling tricked, played, and fooled. And then probably, create the same drama, similar to hers. Thus, making my friend's life a little bit worse than hell. Inflicting pain to justify one's pain.

I often see this type of girl in this country (at least in two cities). I even have a friend who used to act the same. Luckily, she managed to find a nice boy (or rather the boy managed to find her) and got married... ending the vicious cycle of sad dramas which has been going on since she's 17 or something.

I think these people are addicted to pain. Beats me the "why" part. I'm pretty sure it's all Freudian and such. Not interested. What interesting for me is the "how" aspect. By addicting to pain, you will seek out every possible mean to gain emotional scar. The deeper, the better. You get to brag about it. It doesn't matter whether you get the story correct or not. The important thing is you have been hurt, broken down, beaten to pulp by some heartless bastards. You are the victim. And I'll say this again, you get to brag about it.

Anyone who is addicted to pain will talk about the pain almost constantly. I was like that in the past, before I realised it's too stupid. There isn't any good justification for this stupidity. It wore me down, dragged to me depression and suicidal tendency.

This woman is the same. She prefers to prolong her pain by making my friend's life like hell, and later, trying to attack me. Pain pain pain and more pain. Sadly, I have no sympathy for her.






No comments: