Friday, April 26, 2013

Hear evil, see evil, speak evil

When one celebrity ustaz died in an accident, the media coverages made it seem like it's a national tragedy.

When dozens of Papuans killed in Papua by the military, no one reacted. If there's any, people often said they felt bad about it, but then what could they do?

I heard from a friend, who was really upset when she told me this, that a 'famous' comedian here said that people should move on and stop dwelling in the past. He meant the unfinished murder case of Munir.

I read somewhere in Aceh, women can't fart in public anymore. I hope this is a hoax. The banana ban is bad enough. And now farting in public? (Oh you don't know about the eating-banana-in-public ban for women? Really?)

I wonder how Acehnese women feel about being a woman and live in such bigoted community. Oh wait, maybe they don't even understand the concept of bigotry because everything under Sharia is absolutely 100 percent true. It's God's words. What could possibly wrong about them?

Yes, I wonder what can possibly wrong about the words of God. 

No comments: