Sunday, April 7, 2013

Bear and Dora

There are only a few things that I wanted to say in this post. First, I was scrolling up my timeline when I saw one tweet that said, "You are not a photographer. You're just a teenager with Nikon." I laughed and retweeted it, thinking that this tweet pretty much sums up a series of bitching, with a friend, about how hipsters here are 'wearing' expensive SLR as part of their costumes. Come on, kids that haven't grown out their teen pimples slinging a $1500 camera on their skinny (or fat) necks? You gotta bitch about that, surely?

Second, hipsters aside, I am thinking of getting a SLR myself. I think I like to be able to explore the world of lights and wonder with better media (i.e. better lens, more expensive camera). Although recently, I managed to take a few good pictures of my cat with my generic digital camera. Bear, that's my camera, is a Fujifilm FinePix SL300. It's ok, but sometimes it performs quite crappy in a low-light condition.

A friend, who has just recently acquired the title "professional photographer" once told me that oftentimes it's the person behind the lens that matters. I hope she's right. And I hope I'm one of the people who matters. And now we've come to the last part of the post, the pictures. I titled this series as Dora: the secret cat model (yeah yeah not catchy, whatever). She's my 5-month-old Persian kitten, insane and playful, and recently just found out that she liked to be photographed by me. I, of course, prefer to photograph her than working. Enjoy :)

p.s. sorry for the shitty layout. blogger doesn't allow me to arrange them the way I want them. or maybe it's because I'm shit and I don't know how to. if there's someone out there reading and itching to tell me, please do. spanks!

1/8 F3.1
1/13 F3.1
1/13 F3.1

1/8 F3.1

1/8 F3.1

No comments: