Friday, August 29, 2014

Dream Journal--02

This is a short one, since I don't remember most of the dream. This is the last part of the dream.

The dream:

I was in a building that looked really similar to my old high school. It was an old building and a bit dark. I was trying to wait for someone. It's not clear who the person was or why I was there waiting. And then I went to a different room, which looked very much like the school's nurse's office. There was someone on the bed, moaning and saying something about getting bitten. I knew what bit this kid in the dream, but I didn't say.

I went out from the nurse's office and headed to a classroom where I found myself only covered in a thin blanket. I remember I felt the confusion when I realised I was only wearing a piece of blanket. No one cared about my lack of proper clothes. People were very tense in the room, because apparently the teacher was giving out some kind of a quiz.

Her questions were simple: what were the factors that contributed to climate change? And what were the ways to rehabilitate the environment? (When I woke up, I was like, what the hell?) I was nervous because I came late (not because I wasn't wearing clothes) and tried to think of the answers so I could get good marks. The teacher was an old woman with glasses and a head scarf. Very much like a lot of female teachers in Indonesia.

Finally, I went to the blackboard (yes, old-fashioned blackboard) and got the chalk and scribbled something about cattle farming (and the land that was used for the cattle to graze, instead of used to plant food). The teacher just scowled even more. Maybe she finally noticed my nakedness. After that, class was dismissed. I didn't get any points for my answer.

And then I woke up. With a headache.

No comments: