Friday, December 12, 2014

Dream Journal--05

A short one, this time. I haven't been able to sleep soundly for a couple of weeks now. Maybe my apparently-flat-now pillow contributes to that, or maybe it's because now it's officially winter. Short days and long nights. Kinda depressing when you feel lethargic all the time. Anyway, I woke up around 7 am and still felt really tired and the sky was still dark, I went back to sleep. And I had a strange dream.

The dream:

I was with my family. I couldn't recognise the house/building we were all in, but it seemed familiar, like a hotel at a holiday-destination somewhere. I felt incredible pain on/in one of my wisdom teeth: the left down one. I felt it was wobbly and I told my mum that there's something wrong with my tooth. I said, "I think the seal is broken, again. It feels loose." I touched my tooth and there's this sticky thing stuck to it, as if placing the tooth together.

The sticky thing started triggering my gagging reflex, so I tried to pull it out of my mouth. And I did, slowly, and every time I pulled a piece of it out, I felt the amazing pain in my tooth. When the last bit of the sticky thing was out, my gum was bleeding. A lot. I almost choked on my own blood. And to make things worse, I spat out a hard thing and I realised it was half of my wisdom tooth (that was being held together by the sticky stuff).

The tooth looked like a fossilied tooth from a dead dinosaur that you would see in any museum displaying fossils. It got some hair on it, though. And blood. Practically one of the grossest things I've seen in my dream. All that time, my gum was throbbing with pain and I remembered my mum was saying that seeing me in pain physically hurt her too. She would never say that in real life, of course.

I woke up after I spat the last bit of my tooth out. And of course I immediately touched the said wisdom tooth. It was fine.

No comments: