Friday, February 20, 2015

About silent treatment

Are you one of those people who will prefer to stay silent when you're upset with anyone? Yet, you have the ability to make your silence deafening, thus making whoever is on your list of silent wrath feels deeply uncomfortable.

I'm not one of those people. I'm actually the opposite. I will tell whomever that has pissed me off that they have, unfortunately, pissed me off for such and such reason(s). I don't "demand" apologies. A sincere one won't come after a demand. Anyway, I'm not the kind of person who will stay quiet if something is bothering me (which is why I have a blog).

What I think is the worst part of a silent treatment is that it is not silent at all. It is so loud that it penetrates my subconscious and gives new materials for my bad dream cycle. It's so disturbing that I can't ignore it. It's like you are waiting for something, and this something is likely going to be a bad news.

I know that some people choose to remain silent to avoid an argument, or to think that silence is a way to calm themselves before they have to say anything about the issue on the table. Perhaps that's true. I hope it's true. I hope it's not a way to mentally torture other people and kick them to the pit of guilt and shame.  

No comments: