Monday, January 19, 2009

Blog Desperation

I made this blog on June 13, 2008, because my boyfriend had insisted me for making one. When it comes to technology and its allies, I freak out easily. So, the prospect of making a blog of my own and actually try to do something with it, gave the queasy feeling in my guts. I knew that so many people had already ran their own blogs, published great articles or essay or poems, and [probably] got famous for it at that time. Well, I didn't join the club. Why? First, my laziness beats everything. Second, I have mentioned my uneasiness with technology [that includes internet and blog]. Third, see reason numero uno. So, blogging? No, thanx.
But then, this boyfriend of mine were convinced that I should have a blog so I would have a place for my writings. He didn't read all of my writings [if he did, probably he would advice me to put everything inside a drawer, lock it, and throw the key away] but yet, he was determined to helping me creating a safe haven for my writings where everyone can access, read it, and give feedback [great!]. So, I made one.
Then, what? Well, I have to do something with it, right? But I didn't do anything with it until this very day I decided to write something in it. Why [again a why]? It was because I read an advertisement on my e-mail that said I must have a blog in order to acquire a certain job in a certain company [and because my blog tutor was a bit disappointed since I haven't tried to post anything for the past seven months]. I do have one, but I haven't done anything with it except posted one short ugly work for the first try-out and that's all. Does it count? Can I fill in the requirement?
I will never know. I didn't apply. I felt that if I applied I would be cheating on myself. Because if I did apply, I would have been very busy posting every single piece that I have stored in a night [which would be very ridiculous for the company since the post dates will be published]. I didn't regret it even though the position is interesting and I'm in a desperate need of a new job. But hey, at least I can be honest with myself. I'm not a blogger...well, probably not yet, so help me God. And maybe now I will try to nurture my blog more often...

Or not.

I'll just have to see for myself.

2 comments:

Patria Asmara said...

Yep... the more you blog, the more you get that (un)easy feeling out of your mind.

Ri, gw jg lagi bikin novel nih. Kadang bingung mau nulis apa. Hence... what I did was just loathe out everything that I had in mind and edit it later. Lumayan... sekarang novel gw sudah chapter 2. Hehehe :D

Anyway... good luck with your blog. I recommend you to leave comments on your friends' or relatives' blogs as well, so that they will leave some comments on yours.

Happy Blogging! :)

Unknown said...

Wow...a novel! Didn't expect that from you.
Good luck with that.
Mine? Oh, let's just put that aside and think about something else, shall we? :)