Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My first-and-hopefully-last food poisoning experience...REVEALED!!

It was on last Friday night; I got out from the office with a hungry stomach. The night was getting in fast and, frankly, my dear stomach didn't have many options left.

I landed on a cafe, a small and nice one close to my place. I had once eaten there, and the food wasn't bad, quite cheap too. So, I went in and ordered a fettuccine with salad. Oh, plus a strawberry juice.

When I was waiting, I realized that I didn't bring enough cash. So I politely asked the waiter whether they accepted plastic or not. And he said, "Sorry, no." Shit.

I went to the cashier, told them that I didn't have enough cash, and since they didn't have any machine for my card, I had to go for 5 minutes to the nearest ATM. They were a bit startled at first, but then when I told them that I'd leave my bag (with all my stuff in it) there, their face were smiling again.

Not wanting to let them think that I'm some crappy costumer, I ran to the ATM. Got the money, ran back, and found that my food was ready. Hooray! Dinner time.

I went home hurriedly because they put everything in Styrofoam dinner boxes. I didn't want to let my hot fettuccine breathed the Styrofoam.

5 minutes later, I got into my room. Immediately I put out the fettuccine and placed it on a plate. Yessss.... dinner's served.

Everything was finished in an hour, which was quite long to eat pasta and salad. Didn't finish the salad though, cause the sauce had strong strange taste, and a bit spicy too.

About 45 minutes after, I got nauseous and my room started to spin around me... Woohoo!! And I finally gave in to the feeling. I threw up like hell and all of my dinner went down under. Great. There's the fifty thousand I just spent, gushing down the toilet.

I knew it was food poisoning because after I threw up, I got major headache and a sharp pang in my stomach. Like the worst hangover ever. And my stomach was killing me too... Well, the food was killing my stomach.

Sweating, shivering, difficult to breathe, all alone in my room, 3 a.m., not a very good situation I may say.

Luckily, sister-24 hours is in the house! I called her, and told her what had happened. 20 minutes later she came and took me to the hospital.

After the medication, I was fine. Still a bit nauseous and feverish the next day, but then I'm OK.

Thank God my system reacted fast, so I didn't have to endure too much pain.

What caused the poisoning? Was it the fettuccine? The salad? The juice? Or was it because I made them a bit worried that I was a crappy costumer not bringing enough money to pay for my food??? Thus, they put secret ingredients to make me feel crappy??! Well... that's not true, I mean I don't know what happened. I know that it was so bad, I don't wanna do it again :)

Funny thing is, the body knows when bad things come inside, sadly...it doesn't apply to the feeling :p

No comments: