Thursday, June 30, 2011

The power of complaining

I get these a lot, i.e. complains. Sometimes (I don't want to brag and say often) about myself, sometimes about other people's life. Sometimes, it's good to get it out of your chest. Sometimes, you just need to complain and whine, because it will make you feel slightly better. Sometimes, though, it is bloody annoying.

There's no standard really when you can and cannot complain. If you believe you have a certain air of "freedom", no matter how absurd the concept of freedom is, you may do whatever you wish. That includes complaining. You always (or often) think that your life and life problems are the worse thing in the world, that other people are having a blast, when you are suffering alone in the corner of your bedroom. Well, those other people whom you think are having a blast might feel the same like you do.

It is basic human nature: to never feel satisfied. It's in our blood, that's why we always complain. But I think there should be a certain logic to this nature. At least, you need to be able to rationalise it. Don't say you don't like things (e.g. your job, your spouse, your relationship, your friends, your house, whatever) just because you don't like them. Specify the reasons, and then do something about it. Wallowing and cursing will only satisfy you for a bit. Reality will still bite.

I sometimes feel tired with myself because I often feel bad about my life but not really doing anything about it. And I realise now, that I'm in a process of moving forward. I complain less (I think) and try to plan things (more) seriously. And if other people ARE having a blast, it's because they deserve it. Out of luck or chance, or hard effort, there are reasons why those guys are enjoying their life. I just need to make one (or many) reason(s) for myself. I managed to get out of a demonic affair with an ex. I also managed to establish a good relationship with a "special" friend without too much conflict. And the most important thing, I'm getting along well with myself.

Complaining will do you good, if you treat it carefully. Just like having a vicious dog to guard your house, treat it carefully, it will guard your house. Treat it wrong, it will bite your hand. And that will definitely hurt.

No comments: